Sexual Harassment Training – English & Spanish
All California employers have a duty to take reasonable steps to prevent harassment in the workplace. They also have a duty to promptly correct harassment if it does happen. California requires all employers with five or more employees to provide sexual harassment prevention training. Reoccurring training must be conducted every two years (SB 1343).
- Supervisors must receive two hours of harassment prevention training and gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation prevention training (SB 396).
- Nonsupervisory employees must receive one hour of harassment prevention training.
- Training must take place within six months of hire or promotion and every two years thereafter.
- Seasonal and temporary employees — including those hired to work for less than six months — must be trained within 30 calendar days of hire or 100 hours worked, whichever occurs first
In short, your company has an obligation to prevent bullying, sexual harassment, and harassment based on gender identity and orientation.
eqHR offers comprehensive sexual harassment training and bully prevention training in Orange County and other areas in California that meet regulatory requirements. Our experienced instructors are well-versed in legal requirements and passionate about bringing understanding to your workplace. We offer training in both English and Spanish.
We offer both group training and individual training options in English & Spanish.
Group Harassment Prevention Training is led by a certified HR training instructor. The training can be conducted via a webinar or onsite. Onsite training offered at your location in Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside and San Diego Counties. (Due to COVID-19, our onsite classes are temporarily suspended)
Our Individual training is self-paced, so employees can complete their training around their schedule. This type of training is a perfect option for new hires, as part of the onboarding process, and for those recently promoted to a supervisory role.
The Benefit of Educating Employees on Sexual Harassment and Bullying Prevention
As an employer that proactively addresses harassment issues, you poise your company to grow in positive company culture. Employees are proud to work for a company that supports them professionally and personally. You also significantly reduce your liability in the areas of sexual harassment, discrimination, and bullying.
Workplace harassment can only be viewed as an epidemic. Our Orange County sexual harassment training and bully prevention training offer a real, tangible solution to give victims the support they need and to make it clear to employees that the behavior will not be tolerated.
Benefits of our harassment prevention training
Our classes exceed the CA required raining requirements (AB1343 & SB396)
- Group discussions based on the participants’ needs and concerns
- Active participation of attendees consistently throughout the program
- Actual harassment case studies
- Our trainers help supervisors identify and avoid known pitfalls for not reacting to workplace harassment/discrimination/bullying
- Workplace Discrimination and Harassment are defined and discussed with actual examples
- We explain the “Protected classes” under California and federal law
- We cover Vicarious and Strict Liability as it applies to employers and supervisors
- The practical handling of sexual harassment claims filed by males or females; employees or vendors
- We examine Quid Pro Quo harassment
Are you looking for comprehensive sexual harassment training or bully prevention training in Orange County that meets or exceeds regulatory needs? Contact or call us at 855-461-8808 today for more information.